Followers

Sunday 9 February 2014

Playing with Gelli


Having read Barbara Gray's blog I felt inspired to give some of her techniques a go and here's what I came up with.

I used the Gelli plate and a stencil together with a wooden stamp of old handwriting (which I noticed has come out backwards after using it on the Gelli plate but I like the effect) to 'print' my image. You can see Barbara's step by step here.

I then used her idea in this tutorial using gilding flakes for the edges.

I have printed the background paper from Pollyanna Pickering's British Wildlife CD and used Iced Spruce Distress Ink around the edges.


4 comments:

  1. Jocelyn - I haven't a clue what you are talking about - xx - but I like the look.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have made a fabulous job of this! It is truly gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Jocelyn, well worth the work you have put in it.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jocelyn, I've played with the gelli plate now a couple of times but I'm really not that happy with the results. Looks like I need to play some more.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete