Followers

Friday 7 November 2014

As if by Magic

I started my card for the Clarity Stamp Challenge 21 - Travel by spritzing  a sheet of A4 water colour paper with water. I then flicked a few different colours of Brushos over the damp paper. Once I was happy that there was enough colour (a little goes a very long way) I spritzed again to move the colours around a bit. I then used some kitchen towel to blot where there was too much water (this still leaves lots of colour on the paper). I then left it to dry.

While I was waiting I took some of Theuva card and attached a stencil. I then used a mixture of Adirondack and Distress Ink pads to brush through the stencil leaving it paler in the middle of the card. Once I was happy with that I removed the stencil. I then stamped the couple in the boat and the word Magical from the word chain stamps. I added a moon mask and added a bit more ink around it to make a soft outline. I then took the round mini ink blending tool and went around the edge of the card with distress ink. This was then layered onto some card to compliment the colours and then onto a white card.

My water colour paper was now dry and ready for the next stage. I took a die by La La Land and cut out the balloon. I then glued it into position and using a micron pen attached it to the boat with the couple in so that it looks like they are going on a journey through the sky for a big romantic adventure.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jocelyn, this is such a clever design, and great use of the stamp ....
    The background stencil looks fab too...a great way to travel...Thanks for joining in with our Clarity Challenge and Best of luck...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree with Jo what a clever design fabulous. Good luck and thanks for entering the Clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joycelyn, thank you for entering our Clarity Stamp Challenge. Your card is lovely and such a clever design. I wish you Luck. xxx Sam Crowe

    ReplyDelete