Followers

Saturday 3 October 2015

Knitty Nora (Back in Time)

Recently we joined friends to visit Sheringham in Norfolk for a 1940s weekend. The weather was glorious, we had a ride on a steam train and got dressed up for the occasion.




All this nostalgia and the wonderful vintage clothes that people were wearing got me thinking. 

I used to be always knitting in my younger days so when we got home I googled 1940s knitting patterns and came across this wonderful blog by a very talented lady - 1940's Style

Having been inspired I decided I wanted to have a go. I purchased a copy of an original pattern from her which reminded me of a cardigan I knitted in autumnal colours years ago and then searched for some nice yarn to knit with. 



I chose four colours from a yarn which is recycled cotton so I feel there is an element of the 'make do and mend' ethos of the era. As you can see I couldn't wait to get started.


It arrived beautifully packaged.


Here are my colour choices. 


It's growing. I'm onto the pattern and colour changes now. Not bad as the yarn only arrived on Wednesday and I've been at work Thursday and Friday and out at a golf dinner Friday night so I'm very pleased with progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment