Followers

Sunday 28 October 2018

Christmas

This time Meg has chosen the theme of Christmas which is great as we all need more cards for the special ones in our lives at this time of year.



I used Joanna Sheen's Christmas in Holly Pond Hill CD for my card. I printed out a sheet of toppers and a backing paper to match. I will use the other toppers for more cards later but I particularly liked this closeup of the two rabbits eating candy canes. I matted everything onto red mirri card . I then used a stamp from Craft Buddy and stamped it in red versafine onto white card. I love these stamps at the moment as they are marked ready to add gems to them. I find it a lovely way to spend time just adding self adhesive gems to the design using a pokey tool. I cut round the candy cane and then added this to my card using foam pads. I added a red bow with snowflakes on it (think this came free with a magazine last Christmas) to finish off.

For all the details of how to enter visit our blog - CD Sunday Challenge Blog.

6 comments:

  1. A great card Jocelyn but that is a generous amount of gems to use in one go!! They do look good though.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, beautiful image, lovely design

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful image Jocelyn, the candy cane must sparkle with all those gems

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Holly Pond Hill images, they're so adorable. You've created a beautiful card Jocelyn, this would be on my mantelpiece for sure.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I'd have never guessed the candy cane was made with a stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and such a lovely image xx

    ReplyDelete