Followers

Friday 1 June 2012

Wish you were here


Welcome to June and a new challenge at Debbees CD's Challenge. There are some fun, summertime papers for you to download for free and work with this month and my fellow teamies and I are looking forward to visiting your blogs and seeing what you have made. As always there is a prize for the winner from Debs.

I started by using one of the large Spellbinder dies to cut my base card and folded this in half. I then used a smaller die to cut the backing paper (I love this one with the sunglasses on but Debs has generously provided lots more to choose from for your design). I cut a smaller shape from the same card and then cut the picture slightly smaller again. Wish I had invented these dies, they are such a must have in all the shapes and all the sizes! I decided to just decoupage the leaves on the palm trees so that these are slightly outside the frame. To finish I used some raffia and bakers twine together with a couple of paper flowers and pearls. I also used an old Sizzix die to cut the shell and added a little glitter.

I don't know what that bird is drinking but he looks to me as if one more and he will be doing a back flip out of that hammock! lol!

Sadly, this will be the last challenge from Debbees for the foreseeable.


No comments:

Post a Comment