Followers

Sunday 9 December 2018

Christmas Old or New

This time it was my turn to choose the theme and it's the last one for 2018. I decided to have Christmas Old or New so whatever your style you are sure to find something to join in our challenge.

I decided to go for 'Old' with a traditional scene. The decoupage topper and backing paper came from Joanna Sheen's Nostalgia Collection CD featuring Paintings by Kevin Walsh. 



There are quite a few layers to this scene and once I had cut them all out I layered the base topper onto some beautiful silver glitter card from Crafter's Companion. This is the sparkly-ist glitter card I have ever come across and it is smooth so things stick nicely to it and it doesn't shed - perfect!

I printed the backing paper onto some pretty paper that has a shimmer to it for extra sparkle and then covered all the snowy parts of the scene with glitter so going for maximum sparkle on this one.

All I had to to then was add a die cut Merry Christmas from Crafter's Companion and three small snowflakes with a gem in the middle of each.

For all the details of how to enter visit our blog - CD Sunday Challenge Blog.

As this one is the last challenge of 2018 I would just like to finish by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, may it be everything you would wish for, and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Jocelyn x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scene Jocelyn, love that era

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Jocelyn and a great theme for us for the end of the year.
    I too love Kevin Walsh and in fact have several of his jigsaws.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the image and your design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Jocelyn.
    I must admit your challenge made me think and go through my cds :)
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas.
    best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete